What is Friends of Scouting?
Friends of Scouting is an annual campaign where the Bay Area Council asks Scouting families, businesses and civic-minded citizens to support our mission of providing the Scouting program to more than 6,000 Scouts along the Texas Gulf Coast. One-hundred percent of funds generated stays local to support the youth in our area.
Why should I give to Friends of Scouting?
Friends of Scouting has to provide 30 percent of the money needed to operate the Bay Area Council's Scouting camps, programs and facilities for a calendar year. That's almost one-third of the budget. These camping and training facilities are the "outdoor classrooms" in which Scouts have fun, learn leadership skills and develop into better young men and women. The Bay Area Council spends approximately $200+ per Scout each year to deliver these benefits and much more.
Haven't I already supported Scouting through my child's annual dues?
Your child's BSA registration fee of $24 annually goes directly to the National Office of the Boy Scouts of America. If your child's Scout unit collects dues, that money stays with the unit. None of that money helps the Bay Area Council which needs financial help to:
- Maintain and staff the Council's camping properties and service center.
- Supply utilities to the Council's camping properties and service center.
- Build new projects and update Camp properties.
- Provide insurance for more than 12,000 youth and adults, including medical and liability property insurance.
- Train thousands of adult volunteer leaders in youth protection and leadership specific training.
- Provide programs like Boy Scout Summer, Fall & Winter Camps, Cub Scout Day Camp, Cub Scout Adventure Days, Cub-O-Ree & Camp-O-Ree campouts, Webelos Resident Camp, Native American Weekend, Order of the Arrow events, National Youth Leadership Training, Venturing activities, Sea Scout Programs, Scout Day Events and individual Unit camping events.
- Provide Scout Assistance for youth in need, community outreach character education programs, handbooks and camperships.
Friends of Scouting is Tax-deductible.
Bay Area Council is a 501c3 Non-profit organization so your donation is 100 percent tax deductible. For companies, a W-9 can be sent with your tax donation receipt. Your Friends of Scouting donation will also qualify for Company Donation Matching Programs, so your gift could be worth twice as much. (Any donation given directly to an individual unit is not tax-deductible and cannot qualify for matching programs.) If your company has a matching gift program, only you can initiate and send in the form to the Council office. Please check your company website or Human Resources for specific information. If you give through your company with United Way, please make sure you mark your allocation for BAY AREA COUNCIL BOY SCOUTS. If you do not allocate specifically for an organization, then please consider doing a one-time donation directly to Friends of Scouting.
Donate today. Become a Friend of Scouting.
Please consider a donation to the Friends of Scouting campaign. No gift is too big or too small. Thank you for supporting Scouting in Galveston and Brazoria Counties.
CONTACT: For more information about Friends of Scouting please contact the Council Service Center at 409-744-5206.
MAIL: To mail in a donation or to set up a billing option, please use the Friends of Scouting brochure below. Make checks payable to: Bay Area Council. Memo line: Friends of Scouting. Mail to: Bay Area Council, 3020 53rd Street, Galveston, TX 77551
ONLINE: If you do not see your city below, please use to District link to donate.
FIND THE FRIENDS OF SCOUTING BROCHURE HERE
FIND THE LATTER DAY SAINTS FRIENDS OF SCOUTING BROCHURE HERE
FIND A LIST OF MATCHING GIFT COMAPNIES HERE