Friends of Scouting 2014
What is Friends of Scouting?
Friends of Scouting is an annual campaign where the Bay Area Council asks Scouting families, businesses and civic-minded citizens to support our mission of providing the Scouting program to thousands of Scouts all along the Texas Gulf Coast. One-hundred percent of funds generated stays local to support the youth in our area.
Why should I give to Friends of Scouting?
Friends of Scouting has to provide 30 percent of the money needed to operate the Bay Area Council's Scouting camps, programs and facilities for a calendar year. That's almost one-third of the budget. These camping and training facilities are the "outdoor classrooms" in which Scouts have fun, learn leadership skills and develop into better young men and women. The Bay Area Council spends approximately $200+ per Scout each year to deliver these benefits and much more.
Haven't I already supported Scouting through my child's annual dues?
Your child's BSa registration fee of $24 annually goes directly to the National Office of the Boy Scouts of America. If your child's Scout unit collects dues, that money stays with the unit. None of that money helps the Bay Area Council which needs financial help to:- Maintain and staff the council's camping properties and service center.
- Build new projects and update Camp property.
- Supply electricity, water, and phone service for camping properties and the service center.
- Provide insurance on thousands of youth and adults, including medical and liability property insurance.
- Train thousands of adult volunteer leaders in youth protection and leadership specific training.
- Providing programs like Cub Scout Day Camp, Cub Scout Adventure Days, Cub-O-Ree Campouts, Webelos Resident Camp, Native American Weekend, Boy Scout Summer Camp, Boy Scout Fall Camp, Boy Scout Winter Camp, Camp-O-Rees, Order of the Arrow events, National Youth Leadership Training, Venturing Activities, Sea Scout Programs, Scout Day Events and individual unit camping on facilities.
- Provide Scout Assistance for youth in need, community outreach character education programs, handbooks and camperships.
Friends of Scouting is Tax-deductable.
Your donation is 100 percent tax deductable. Bay Area Council is a 501c3 Non-profit organization. For companies, a W-9 acknowledgement can be sent with your tax donation receipt. Your Friends of Scouting donation will also qualify for Company Donation Matching Programs, so your gift could be worth twice as much. (Any donation given directly to an individual unit is not tax-deductable and cannot qualify for Matching programs because a unit does not fall under the Council's 501c3 due to chartering.) If your company has a matching gift program, only you can initiate and send in the form to the Council office. Once the form is received, then the Council can finish the process with your company. Please check your company website or Human Resources for specific information. If you give through your company with United Way, please make sure you mark off your allocation for BAY AREA COUNCIL BOY SCOUTS. Then you can be assured that your money is staying locally for your youth. If you do not allocate specifically for an organization, then please consider doing a one-time donation directly to Friends of Scouting.
We need your support. Participate and become a Friend of Scouting.
Please consider a donation to the Friends of Scouting campaign. No gift is too big or too small. For more information about Friends of Scouting please contact the Council Service Center at 409-744-5206. To mail in a donation or to set up a billing option, please use the Frineds of Scouting brochure above.
If you do not see your city below, please use to District link to donate. Thank you for supporting Scouitng in Galveston and Brazoria Counties.
COASTAL DISTRICT FOS DONATION
CRADLE OF TEXAS DISTRICT FOS DONATION
West of the Brazos
NORTHERN STAR DISTRICT FOS DONATION
THUNDERBIRD DISTRICT FOS DONATION