Webelos Adventure Camp
June 30-July 3, 2013
We are planning a challenging round of summer adventure which will include: swimming, waterfront, archery, BB rifle shooting, and much more!
- Along with this, for our first-year Webelos, we will have interactive learning sessions where the boys may complete requirements for a number of activity pins.
- For second-year Webelos, they may attend the activity badge sessions or participate in several other activities designed for adventure, and to prepare them for their entry into Boy Scouting.
- All boys will be able to participate in evening activities, which will include evening campfires.
CHECK- IN PROCEDURES
Check-in is from 1:00 pm. to 2:45 pm. Camp Staff cannot accommodate early arrivals, so plan your schedule accordingly. Late arrivals should call Camp Karankawa at (979) 345-3964. The Webelos Leader is to report to the Leaders Lodge and have the following:
1. Camp registration confirmation
2. Youth Protection Training for Adults, Leaders, and Parent Training, one certificate for each adult. This has to be the new State of Texas face to face training.
3. Current BSA Annual Health and Medical Record (Part A&B) for each participant, two copies alphabetized in an envelope or notebook (one for campsite, one for camp)
4. Hazardous Weather Training certificate for one adult in your group
5. Copy of Sexual offender database for each adult printed within the last 48 hours.
While Webelos Leader checks in the Pack, other adults can go to the campsite and begin setting up. Check-in day is a busy one. It includes:
1. Medical checks
2. Swim checks
3. Campsite set up
4. Flag retreat
5. Dining Hall procedures
6. Supper at 6:00 PM
7. Webelos Leaders Meeting
8. Opening campfire
A staff guide will help your Webelos Den to the campsite; lead a camp tour. Swim test make-up times will be given to Dens that have not completed swim tests by 5:00 P.M.
Find WEBELOS LEADER GUIDE HERE.
Find HEALTH FORM HERE.
See if you qualify for FREE CAMP from POPCORN SALES in 2012 HERE! (PLEASE NOTE: Select POPCORN SALES when registering!)