Course Number: SB – 22 – TX - 2015
Seabadge is intense leadership and management training focused on the "how-to" aspects of managing a successful youth led Sea Scout program. While Seabadge was developed as an advanced leadership training program for experienced Sea Scout adult leaders the course is open to all adult Scout leaders. The driving theme for the training is to "Focus on Youth", which makes the course especially valuable for any Scout leader dealing with older youth. Seabadge does not cover topics like boating, knots, or other program-related materials found in the Sea Scout Manual.
The weekend course held at Sea Scout Base – Galveston will work toward the following objectives:
- Improve the understanding of leadership, management, and motivational skills among adult leaders.
- Provide management, leadership, and presentation skills and tools to adult leaders so that they may use and share them with others in their day-to-day Scout activities.
- Use the skills and tools acquired at Seabadge to improve the quality of the Sea Scout program.
- Encourage the development of lifelong contacts and sharing of resources by and between course participants and staff.
- Be a registered adult member of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Has completed the basic training courses for their Scouting position and Leader Specific: Sea Scout Adult Leader Basic training.
- Has actively and effectively served in their current registered position for at least one continuous year. An adult does not have to be registered in Sea Scouts in order to attend the course.
- Complete the online survey HERE
For more information and to join the Facebook Group for Texas Seabadge 2015 click HERE
DATE: September 25-27, 2015
PLACE: Sea Scout Base Galveston, 7509 Broadway, Galveston, TX 77554
CONTACT: Eric Steele at email@example.com
WHAT TO BRING:
BSA Health form (Parts A&B must be completed)
Full Scout Uniform specific to your position
Notebook/Paper & Pen
Sleeping/Bag or Blankets
Fitted Sheet for a single bed
PLEASE NOTE: Electronics are permitted and wifi is available at the base. However, you must attend all the classes in the course. You will not have the chance to work on your personal work while on site. This is an intense course and time is critical.
REGISTER BY: September 15, 2015