Cub Camp 2016
Gadgets, Gizmos & Goo
Get in on the action and explore the excitement of scientific thrills this summer! It promises to be sticky, and slimy and very gooey! Build experiences that last a lifetime! Discover new skills, work on achievements, and have a great time with old friends and new!
FIND THE FLYER HERE
Who Comes to Camp
Cub Camp is open to all registered Cub Scouts—Tigers, Wolves, Bears and Webelos. New Tiger Cubs (entering first grade in the Fall) must be accompanied by an adult partner. Parents are encouraged to join in the fun by serving as a den leader at camp.
Choose the camp that's right for you. Scouts are free to attend ANY of the following Cub Camps. Scouts register individually for camp, but we encourage Dens and Packs to coordinate plans to attend camp together. Gates open 30 minutes before the start of Camp.
CAMP KARANKAWA CUB CAMP: 3-8 p.m. daily, June 6-10, 2016, Camp Karankawa, 3249 FM 1459 Rd., Sweeny, TX 77480. REGISTRATION COMING SOON
SHAMROCK RANCH CUB CAMP: 4-8:30 p.m. daily, June 13-17, 2016, Shamrock Ranch, 13819 Vacek Street, Santa Fe, TX 77517. REGISTRATION COMING SOON
CHRISTIA ADAIR PARK CUB CAMP: 3-8 p.m. daily, June 20-24, 2016, Christia Adair Park, 15107 Cullen Blvd, Houston, TX 77047. REGISTRATION COMING SOON
ALVIN ROTARY PARK CUB CAMP: 3-9 p.m. daily, July 18-22, 2016, Alvin Rotary Park, 6808 County Road 172, Alvin, TX 77512. REGISTRATION COMING SOON
COST: Registration fee includes a camp T-shirt, patch, craft supplies, and all the goodies needed for a week of fun.
- CUB SCOUTS: $90. Register before May 1st and Camp is $70. Register after June 1st and Camp is $110. Registered boys in grade 1 through 10 years old, discount appears at end of registration.
- MUSTANG: $90. Register before May 1st and Camp is $70. Register after June 1st and Camp is $110. Girls in grade 1 through 10 years old, must be siblings of Cub Scouts AND female children of Staff.
- PARENTS OF TIGER CUBS: Free. You must attend if your Scout is a Tiger.
- TOT LOT: Free. For boys and girls of preschool age who are children of Staff only.
- STAFF: Free. Join our team! We're looking for the most talented and energetic people to help make our camp an awesome experience. Volunteer positions are available. For more information, contact your District Executive (Emails below).
CAMPERSHIPS: The Bay Area Council believes that no Scout should be denied a camp experience due to cost, and works to meet the need of all Scouts who want to go to camp, up to 50% of the total cost. Families who need assistance are encouraged to apply for a Campership. For more information, contact your District Executive (Emails below).
Camp Karankawa, Aaron Christopher at email@example.com.
Shamrock Ranch, Dio Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Christia Adair, Lisa Stegman at email@example.com
Alvin Rotary, TBD
BSA HEALTH FORM (Parts A&B). If you are in a unit, give your form to your Unit Coordinator. If you are an individual, bring it to the first day of camp.
Face to Face YPT - This is required for all Adults, Parents or Staff attending Cub Camp.
CUB CAMP GUIDE HERE
REGISTRATION ENDS: Seven working days before the start of Camp. No exceptions.
National Camp Accreditation
Currently the Bay Area Council's Cub Camps have completed yearly assesement visitations through the Boy Scouts of America's National Camp Accreditation Program (NCAP) resulting in the achievement of accreditation each year of the new program's existence. In 2015, the Bay Area Council went through full implementation of the NCAP program and was granted a five year authorization to operate.
Cub Camp 2017
SAVE THE DATE!
Camp Karankawa Cub Camp, June 5-9, 2017
Shamrock Ranch Cub Camp, June 12-16, 2017
Christia Adair Park Cub Camp, June 19-23, 2017
Alvin Rotary Park Cub Camp, July 17-21, 2017