Cub Camp 2016
Get Your Camp On
Get in on the action and explore the excitement of summer thrills! Build experiences that last a lifetime! Discover new skills, work on achievements, and have a great time with old friends and new!
There's no such thing as a typical day at camp.
On most days, you'll arrive at camp, be greeted by our staff, and meet up with your den to check in and start the day. We will gather with the camp to raise the flag (this might be your den's job today), hear some announcements and maybe even sing a song. Then you're off!
Take part in a series of activities, including Archery, Arts & Crafts, Woodworking, and much, much more. The day ends as we retire the flag and look forward to coming back for another day! We’ve got:
- ARCHERY Precision and practice. That’s what it takes to hit the bullseye on the Archery range. Learn the safety requirements and skills to be an expert archer.
- ARTS & CRAFTS Create a masterpiece that you'll be proud to bring home to show the family.
- BB SHOOTING Take aim and practice your focus and patience as you zero in on the target. As always, safety is the first lesson.
- FIELD SPORTS Take to the field or court for some friendly competition. Learn the rules and practice some good sportsmanship. Having fun is always a must!
- DEN TIME Spend time getting to know the members of your den with some cooperative games and activities. Learn a cheer, song or skit to share with others.
- SCOUT CRAFT Practice all those important Scout skills! Tie knots, fold the American flag, build a campfire and much more.
- WOOD WORKING Construct a wood working project you can be proud of. Maybe its a simple toolbox or birdhouse, but whatever we do, it will be awesome!
FIND THE FLYER HERE
Currently the Bay Area Council's Cub Camps have completed yearly assesement visitations through the Boy Scouts of America's National Camp Accreditation Program (NCAP) resulting in the achievement of accreditation each year of the new program's existence. In 2015, the Bay Area Council went through full implementation of the NCAP program and was granted a five year authorization to operate.
Who Comes to Camp
Cub Camp is open to all registered Cub Scouts—Tigers, Wolves, Bears and Webelos. New Tiger Cubs (entering first grade in the Fall 2015) must be accompanied by an adult partner. Parents are encouraged to join in the fun by serving as a den leader at camp.
Choose the Camp that's right for you. Scouts are free to attend ANY of the following Cub Camps. Scouts register individually for camp, but we encourage Dens and Packs to coordinate plans to attend camp together. Gates open 30 minutes before the start of Camp.
CAMP KARANKAWA CUB CAMP: 3-8 p.m. daily, June 6-10, 2016, Camp Karankawa, 3249 FM 1459 Rd., Sweeny, TX 77480. REGISTER HERE
SHAMROCK RANCH CUB CAMP: 4-8:30 p.m. daily, June 13-17, 2016, Shamrock Ranch, 13819 Vacek Street, Santa Fe, TX 77517. REGISTER HERE
CHRISTIA ADAIR PARK CUB CAMP: 3-8 p.m. daily, June 20-24, 2016, Christia Adair Park, 15107 Cullen Blvd, Houston, TX 77047. REGISTER HERE
ALVIN ROTARY PARK CUB CAMP: 3-9 p.m. daily, July 18-22, 2016, Alvin Rotary Park, 6808 County Road 172, Alvin, TX 77512. REGISTER HERE
COST: Registration fee includes a camp T-shirt, patch, craft supplies, and all the goodies needed for a week of fun.
- CUB SCOUTS: $90. Register before May 1st and Camp is $70. Register after June 1st and Camp is $110. Registered boys in grade 1 through 10 years old, discount appears at end of registration.
- MUSTANG: $90. Register before May 1st and Camp is $70. Register after June 1st and Camp is $110. Girls in grade 1 through 10 years old, must be siblings of Cub Scouts AND female children of Staff.
- PARENTS OF TIGER CUBS: Free. You must attend if your Scout is a Tiger.
- TOT LOT: Free. For boys and girls of preschool age who are children of Staff only.
- STAFF: Free. Join our team! We're looking for the most talented and energetic people to help make our camp an awesome experience. Volunteer positions are available. For more information, contact your District Executive (Emails below).
CAMPERSHIPS: The Bay Area Council believes that no Scout should be denied a camp experience due to cost, and works to meet the need of all Scouts who want to go to camp, up to 50% of the total cost. Families who need assistance are encouraged to apply for a Campership. For more information, contact your District Executive (Emails below).
Camp Karankawa, Aaron Christopher at email@example.com.
Shamrock Ranch, Lisa Stegman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Christia Adair, Rebecca Stephenson at email@example.com.
Alvin Rotary, Ryan Mullis at firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephen Jasinski at email@example.com.
BSA HEALTH FORM (Parts A&B). If you are in a unit, give your form to your Unit Coordinator. If you are an individual, bring it to the first day of camp.
Face to Face YPT - This is required for all Adults, Parents or Staff attending Cub Camp.
CUB CAMP GUIDE HERE
REGISTRATION ENDS: Seven working days before the start of Camp. No exceptions.
Cub Camp 2017
SAVE THE DATE!
Camp Karankawa Cub Camp, June 5-9, 2017
Shamrock Ranch Cub Camp, June 12-16, 2017
Christia Adair Park Cub Camp, June 19-23, 2017
Alvin Rotary Park Cub Camp, July 17-21, 2017